The Union County Rape Crisis Center is looking for dedicated individuals who are interested in helping survivors of sexual violence. A training will be offered September 3, 2013 – October 31, 2013 on Tuesday, Thursday, and/or Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. in Westfield, NJ.
What is Required to be a Confidential Sexual Violence Volunteer/Advocate?
• Resident of Union County
• 18 years of age or older
• Valid U.S. driver’s license
• Personal (own) means of transportation (i.e. a car)
• Informal interview (during business hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
• Successful completion of 59.5 hours of state-mandated Advocate training.
• Successful completion of state certification requirements.
• Commitment to volunteer for a period of at least one year.
• Commitment to at least three hotline shifts per month.
• Regular attendance at monthly volunteer meetings.